Cook Time :
- Jumbo Sea Scallops
- Tri-Colored Cherry Tomatoes
- Clover Sprouts
- Tri-Colored Cauliflower
Seasonings, Herbs and Spices
- Jerk Seasoning
- Jerk Sauce/Paste
- Lemon Thyme
- Olive Oil
1. Heat a seasoned cast iron skillet on medium-high and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prep Veggies: Slice Tri-Colored Cherry Tomatoes & cut Shallots into spears and set aside.
3. Prep Scallops: Remove the abductor muscle (add-on tissue on scallop). Give Scallops a thorough rinse to remove excess salt and grit. Rest scallops on top of paper towel, and then place another paper towel over the scallops. Lightly press down on scallops and allow the paper towel to absorb any excess moisture. Season top of scallops with salt (light), pepper and dry jerk seasoning blend.
4. Add prepped veggies + fresh thyme and shallots to a flat baking/roasting sheet with a comfortable amount of space in between. Drizzle olive oil over the veggies, and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast on 400 degree oven for about 35-45 minutes, or until veggies appear to be lightly shriveled up with nice color on them.
5. Cauliflower Mash: Fresh- Break cauliflower down to medium sized florets and add to food processor. Pulse a few times or until cauliflower is broken down and slightly resembles rice. Heat pan to medium-high heat and add butter to the pan. Add diced shallots, and sautee cauliflower for about 4-5 minutes. Cauliflower mash will begin to solidify once the fat (butter) is added. Cook until desired texture and remove from heat.
6. Add olive oil to the cast iron skillet. Once hot, add scallops seasoned side down and sear for about 1.5-2 mins. Repeat seasoning from step 3 on unseasoned side. Once flipped, add 1tbsp of Butter an 1 tbsp of Jerk Sauce/Paste to the pan. Add sprigs of lemon-thyme to heated jerk butter sauce, and begin spooning jerk butter sauce over the scallops. Remove from heat.
7. Plate, garnish and serve.