Talk about "Non-Traditional". This dish is a Southern- Caribbean- Italian fusion. Check it out!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Sweet Italian Sausage
- Spicy Italian Sausage
- Minced Garlic
- Chopped Peppers
- Chopped Onions
- Fresh Parmigiano Reggiano
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Scotch Bonnet (Habanero) Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- Seasoning Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Get heat oil in a very hot skillet (be careful for popping oil). Heavily season both sides of the Chicken Thighs with Seasoning Salt and Black Pepper.
- Sear Chicken for about 5 mins on each side, or until golden brown. Once you've achieved a nice sear, add butter, and place in oven for 15-20 mins on 300 degrees.
- Remove Italian sausage from the encasing and cook in oiled pan until brown. Add all dry seasonings. Once sausage has browned, stir in a handful of fresh parsley leaves, with finely chopped onions and peppers.
- For your sauce: I used a homemade sauce, but feel free to use a store bought one. Season your sauce with garlic salt and pepper. Once it has come to a bubble, add scotch bonnet pepper, fresh parsley, and minced garlic. Remove from heat, and stir.
- Boil about 3 1/2 cups of water. Once boiled whisk in about a 1 1/3 cup of grits. Lower heat, add butter, salt, pepper, and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Plate, garnish and enjoy!