- 2 Packs of Lean Ground Turkey (90/10)
- 1 head of Chopped Red Cabbage
- 1 head of Chopped Green Cabbage
- 4 Chopped Carrots
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Chopped Bell Pepper
- 1 Peeled and Chopped Beet
- 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic
Herbs & Spices:
- Fresh Curly Parsley
- Dried Parsley
- Seasoning Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 3 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup of Water
- 1/2 cup of Red Sangria
- 2 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup of Clarified (melted) Butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a stock pot. Season water with all dry seasonings. Once boiled, add chopped cabbage. First the green, then the red (particular placement helps to determine how well the colors mix). After about 10 minutes, add your carrots, onions and peppers, being sure to season once more (everything that hits the pot should always be seasoned).
2. Heat a sauce pan on medium heat and add 1/2 cup of water. Once it starts to bubble, add chopped beats. After 10 minutes, add one table spoon of minced garlic, 1/2 cup of sangria, 1 tbsp of water and about 2 tsp of lemon juice. Let reduce until sauce has thickened a bit.
3. Use an immersion hand blender to muddle the beat sauce. Be careful not to blend smooth. You're looking for muddled pieces of beets in your sauce to add an extra layer of texture.
4. Put ground turkey meat in a bowl. Season with all dry seasonings and add 3 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce. Add 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and 1 egg to bind it. Gently fold, and let rest.
5. Once all components are combined, add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and massage them into the mixture. Begin to roll them into little balls, submerge them in clarified butter, and then generously coat them with more breadcrumbs. ( I usually put the breadcrumbs in a bowl, and toss my turkey bites right in there)
6. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray, and arrange turkey bites about 1-2 inches apart.
7. Bake in oven for about 30 mins, or until turkey bites have reached 165 degrees.
8. Plate and enjoy.